Saturday, January 8, 2011
Normally he uses his hands. Not for this meal.

Do you have "go-to meals"? The ones that seem to always be good and always satisfy? Most people probably call them "comfort food" but I like to this think of them at "go-to meals" (probably because I love sports). Here's one of my favorite go-to meals. As you can see by the picture of Andersen above, it's a hit with the boys.

Strangely, I have never been a fan of macaroni and cheese (or mashed potatoes or spaghetti, maybe one day I'll have a post about foods that everyone seems to like except for me), but I only really ever had the Kraft version, so I was very excited when I stumbled upon this recipe from Simply Recipes. It passes the two most important tests of a recipe - it's easy and it's really good. I have played around with it a little bit and it has never failed. I have tried it with ham (like the official recipe),which is great, and it's also good with hot dog in it, but like every other food, it's best with bacon.

It's not the best macaroni and cheese in the world (that would be found at Wood Ranch), but it's amazing for how easy it is.

0 comments:

Archives

Powered by Blogger.